Wednesday, January 2, 2013

goodbye 2012 hello new blog

I contemplated writing a blog for a few years now. I never took the plunge because I didn't think anyone would want to read anything that I would write, nothing too exciting to say. That was until I became a mom! I'm writing this blog for me and my son, Xander. He was born in March and is 9 months old. Once the new year came, I thought, "Where the hell did the year go?" It FLEW bye. There is so much going on and so many milestones that time was getting away from me. This way, I'll take the time to stop and reflect on the amazing things (and the not so amazing things) happening in my life. It'll help me keep track of the milestones my son is meeting and it'll be fun to go back and read just to relive the memories.

2012 had to be the BEST. YEAR. EVER. There were 2 big events in my life that completely changed my life last year. Obviously, the first was the birth of my first son on March 8th. I've always wanted to be a mom, but I never really knew what it meant to be a mom until I was blessed with Alexander Ray (Xander for short). There were so many ups and downs of being a new mom and each one of those strengthened me as a new parent and made our bond even stronger. Being a mom is 24/7 job and I love every minute of it (maybe a little too much if that's possible). I'm a nursing mom and that is by far the best decision I feel I have made as a parent so far. It works for Xander and I and we are very lucky for that. It made going back to work extremely hard but I am a pumping machine! It is so hard to drop him off in the mornings knowing all of the smiles and giggles I am going to miss out on that day. It mesmerizes me that just a few short months ago, he slept ALL the time and laid peacefully in my arms. Now he's all over the place crawling, pulling up, side stepping, getting into EVERYTHING, and really showing us his personality that is coming out in full force! It all needs to slow down, it just goes way too fast.

The 2nd big event in our household this year is about my husband, Tony. After graduating from college, he took the first job offer handed to him and became a manager at a grocery store in the STL area. He was excited to be making money, learning new skills, and be in the job force for the first year. Well, that faded fast when he learned there wasn't much of a life to have with this job. He worked evenings and EVERY weekend unless he took a vacation day. Friends stopped inviting us to things because he always had to say no because it seemed he was ALWAYS working. We were in a long distance relationship for two years before we got married. Our conflicting schedules made it hard for us to spend quality time together. After we got married, I just new it would be better. Not really, it was still tough and he was miserable. He didn't even act like himself. Tony was constantly looking for something else but nothing ever came about or it was something that he knew he wouldn't be happy doing in the long run. He learned there wouldn't be room for movement in the company for years to come and once Xander arrived, that really lit a little fire in him. Tony just happened to be job searching on the perfect day. I don't know if it was a force of God or what, but I am forever grateful for his perfect timing. Now Tony has a Monday - Friday job at Nestle' Purina and is loving it! It makes me so happy that he doesn't dread going to work anymore. He is back to his laid back fun loving self! Tony is an amazing husband and dad!

2012 was fantabulous and I am so excited to see what 2013 will bring to my new little family of 3 (plus our Chocolate Labrador, Spring, too of course)!!!


2 comments:

  1. EEEEE!!!! I loved it. How fun. I am SOOO glad that you are doing this for you and Xander. The pics are beautiful and you are amazing! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! A new IRL/blogfriend!!! I love your blog already!!!

    ReplyDelete